Fax broadcasting is the most underused marketing method in recent years. Just like any other marketing method out there if you do it right you will get the greatest results and the way to use it effectively is to play by the rules and apply the fax broadcasting best practices.
When you are considering your potential customer list and composing your offer (your A4 page) you have to think about:
- Your brand (how is it seen by the customer: Does he recognize my company? Did he interact with my company up to this point?
- If your product/service brings a real value to the potential customer: Will he buy my product or service?
After you answer these questions and compose your sending list, you make up your mind on what exactly you should send, what format will the fax have. See below a short list of format ideas:
- Flyer announcing your specials;
- List of services/products you offer;
- Grand opening flyer;
- Business event you are hosting;
- Reveal of a new product/service;
- Sales letter introducing you and your business.
So now that you know who you are sending to, what you are sending and if your message is a convincing one, you are left with one last step: making sure you do it right. To do so, use the following fax broadcasting best practices.
Fax Broadcasting Best Practices
- Your headline is the key to the response rate so make it as appealing as possible.
- Include your business name, website, email address, and phone numbers.
- Make it short; go right to the point in your fax, business owners are not going to spend their time reading a long fax. Keep it clean; not too many images or text.
- You can create a special customer fax list by offering people samples, special deals and discounts if they give you their contact details and accept to receive your offers.
- The software tries to deliver the fax page to the list of recipients and rotates through the list, calling the numbers that do not pick up for 2 or 3 times before categorising them as undeliverable.
- Just like any advertisement that gets sent out, you have to include a way for your audience members to opt-down and opt-out. This will make sure that you stay clear of any legal issues. For example, include this at the end of your fax: “If you wish to have your fax number removed – please fax your request to XXXXX.”
- Legal matters should be checked for each country anyway.
- Best time to send a fax is between 1 and 3 am, the optimum frequency is once a month.
- Fax is an extremely fast and a cheap method. Make sure you have the right customer list to send to. Targeting is everything!