Fax template design mustn’t be ignored; some say it’s just a black and white A4 page and its design is not important. Wrong! In marketing every detail is important; even the design of your fax campaign and the structure of your offer.
· The way your offer is constructed and shaped in order to be sent through fax is very important because you want to prevent putting the receiver in a situation in which he doesn’t know who the fax is for and what to do with it.
· If content is not properly created, there is a chance that the recipient would get an unreadable form.
· Printing in only black and white is usually done with fax offers and special attention needs to be given to fax template design and the letter itself.
Fax Template Design Guidelines
1. The fax is a communication medium that has the greatest results in situations when you want to clear-out your warehouse. For this reason the fax template must have a simple and clear design, with the price in focus, the product benefits being noticed second; the price is what will spark the prospect’s interest to read on.
2. Choose layout carefully to provide an easy read of information and highlighting the deal breakers. Black and white of course but with as little black as possible to avoid difficulty when it gets received; your potential clients will not be happy either that you are consuming all their toner to send them your offer.
3. Always aim to create a balance between text information and graphic, images or logo’s so the page displays nicely and is easy to read. Even though some new fax machines come combined with a printer and can print your fax in colour, it is recommended that you avoid colourful pictures and backgrounds.
4. Never forget to include contact information and a subject, so it is easier to get a quick idea on what your fax is about.
Remember! Simplistic black & white faxes are often the best way to convey your message!
Fax broadcasting is the most underused marketing method in recent years. Just like any other marketing method out there if you do it right you will get the greatest results and the way to use it effectively is to play by the rules and apply the fax broadcasting best practices.
When you are considering your potential customer list and composing your offer (your A4 page) you have to think about:
- Your brand (how is it seen by the customer: Does he recognize my company? Did he interact with my company up to this point?
- If your product/service brings a real value to the potential customer: Will he buy my product or service?
After you answer these questions and compose your sending list, you make up your mind on what exactly you should send, what format will the fax have. See below a short list of format ideas:
- Flyer announcing your specials;
- List of services/products you offer;
- Grand opening flyer;
- Business event you are hosting;
- Reveal of a new product/service;
- Sales letter introducing you and your business.
So now that you know who you are sending to, what you are sending and if your message is a convincing one, you are left with one last step: making sure you do it right. To do so, use the following fax broadcasting best practices.
Fax Broadcasting Best Practices
- Your headline is the key to the response rate so make it as appealing as possible.
- Include your business name, website, email address, and phone numbers.
- Make it short; go right to the point in your fax, business owners are not going to spend their time reading a long fax. Keep it clean; not too many images or text.
- You can create a special customer fax list by offering people samples, special deals and discounts if they give you their contact details and accept to receive your offers.
- The software tries to deliver the fax page to the list of recipients and rotates through the list, calling the numbers that do not pick up for 2 or 3 times before categorising them as undeliverable.
- Just like any advertisement that gets sent out, you have to include a way for your audience members to opt-down and opt-out. This will make sure that you stay clear of any legal issues. For example, include this at the end of your fax: “If you wish to have your fax number removed – please fax your request to XXXXX.”
- Legal matters should be checked for each country anyway.
- Best time to send a fax is between 1 and 3 am, the optimum frequency is once a month.
- Fax is an extremely fast and a cheap method. Make sure you have the right customer list to send to. Targeting is everything!
Whether you are a start-up, a young business or a giant of your market share, fax is a great medium to send out not only your business communications (sending updates to customers) through, but your B2B promotional materials as well. You catch the attention of the recipients and encourage them to call, fax, email for more information or even take a look at your website.
Stop wasting time and start making money! Fax is a great way to inform your customers of stock clearings and empty your warehouse in no time (send out special promotions and discount campaigns).
Besides images, you can also include coupons and many other materials that will increase customer interaction with your company and increase your sales even further. All you have to do is be creative and practical (include an enticing deal and useful information on how to benefit from that deal).
Why start with fax? Why not just send email campaigns and be done with it? The catch here is that fax is still a very important medium because of 4 issues:
- Some businesses have not yet adapted to the modern business way in what advertising mediums are concerned, but we are sure we can reach all businesses through fax. Why? That brings us to number 2.
- All businesses have a fax machine for essential documents that need to be sent for company administration and efficient functioning. This necessity guarantees a trustworthy image in regard to faxes and the reach is amazing. People read every fax!
- Some companies can only be reached through fax, and so, a new market niche is uncovered, just waiting to hear about your offers.
- You can also use fax broadcasting as a complementary method to form a complete marketing circle and make sure you are getting the best your of your marketing budget.
Faxpedia broadcasting is:
- Fast: You can schedule the fax marketing campaign to start sending at any time you deem convenient for your marketing to reach your prospective customers for a maximum persuasion effect. The transmission is a fast one thanks to our own sending platforms and lines.
- Affordable: Fax marketing has a higher read rate and a lower total cost than traditional direct marketing campaign, because in the latter, there are additional costs for preparing, printing, storage and postage. Your fax marketing campaign provides a good ROI as a result of it being sent to target segments, from our full grown database.
- Qualitative: The campaign template will be created with the help of our marketing specialists that are highly experienced and know what has been effective in the past.
At the end of the campaign a transmission report is issued, to help you calculate your results. These results are highly dependable on the relevance of the offer you are promoting; this offer must be competitive on the market (stock clearings, discounts).
After you have applied fax marketing you can apply email marketing or other more expensive online marketing and advertising methods, knowing that your prospect customers are responsive. Lower risks all around!